If you have changed your mind. Please, note that we cannot do refund on hardbacks or digital books
- Damaged or incorrect book(s)
- If your book(s) has arrived damaged or if we have sent you the wrong book(s) please contact us and include the order number and details.
Please do not return your damaged or incorrect book until you have received a response to your email from customer services.
- How will you be refunded?
- Wordery will refund the returned book(s) upon receipt, via the same method that you originally use to pay for the book(s).
Please be aware that refunds can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement.
- Can I change my delivery address after I’ve ordered?
- Speed of service is very important at Book Seller. If your book is in stock, it’s often ready to be dispatched within half an hour. Because of this, it is vital to double-check your order before it’s submitted.
We understand that everyone makes mistakes and occasionally you may want to amend an order. If this is the case, please use the form on our Contact us page as quickly as possible, sending us as much information as you can so that we can do our best to help. However, if the order is already being processed then we may not be able to change the details.
- Late delivery
- In the event of dispatched books being delayed beyond our estimated delivery times or lost in the post, we will offer a replacement or refund. We do please ask that you to wait the set time after the date of dispatch, outlined in the dispatch confirmation email, before contacting us.
- UK – 10 days.
- Western Europe – 21 days
- USA and Canada – 21 days.
- Rest of the world – 35 days.
If you have waited the listed time for your book(s), which still has not arrived, please contact us with as much information as possible and include your order number.
- Complaints Process
- We hope that you are pleased with your purchase and the service you have received from Wordery, and that you’ll never have reason to complain – but if there is something you are not happy with, for example;
- Your goods haven’t arrived?
- Your order isn’t what you expected?
- You need to query your account?
- You’d like to speak to a manager?
We hope you will tell the relevant Wordery team about it so that we can try to put matters right. We can sort things out quickly, just contact us via any of the methods below:
- Email us by clicking here,
- or write to us at the following address:
Customer Services Dept
40 Bloomsbury Way,
- Lower Ground Floor,
We aim to respond to customer queries received via our Contact Us form and email within 24 hours. We aim to respond to posted letters within 48 hours of receipt.
- Escalating the complaint
- If after contacting us by the methods listed above you feel we still haven’t resolved your complaint satisfactorily, please request the contact details for the Customer Service Manager.
In the unlikely event we are unable to resolve your complaint; we refer you to the following Online Dispute Resolution Platform as follows: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Discount codes can only be used and applied to your order during checkout. Simply enter your code on the payment page. Some codes are valid only once per user or for your first order.
Discount codes will have an expiry date; we’d hate you to miss out so please make sure the code is still valid.
Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
10% off second book – the 10% discount is applied to the second product and any subsequent product, in order of decreasing value.
We have the right to withdraw the offer at any time and without notice.
Spread the Bookseller.co.uk
Spread the Bookseller.co.uk is a referral programme. It enables customers to recommend Book Seller to friends and family and, in doing so, offer such friends and family a 5% discount code to use on their first order at Book Seller. The customer who made the referral will themselves receive a 5% discount code to use on their next order at bookseller.co.uk for each recommended friend and family member that accepts their recommendation and uses the generated discount code to purchase from Bookseller.co.uk . This discount code will be emailed directly to the customer who made the referral.
- All discount codes are single use only.
- The referring customer may only use one discount code per order.
- The discount is valid for up to 30 days after being generated.
Ordering a lot of books?
If you want to order a large range of books, then we have a handy bulk ordering tool for you.
Simply copy and paste the list of ISBNs into the box on the basket page. Or you can add them to the Wordery excel file and upload them.
Just add the ISBNs and the quantity you want to order, save it and then use the upload tool in the basket.
After you have reviewed your basket, just checkout as normal.
Product and Bibliographic Information
We do our upmost to ensure all our product information is correct and we take product information from publishers directly. However occasionally this information can be incorrect or out of date.
If you feel that information listed on the website is incorrect, please Contact us and we’ll take a look.
Wordery take your data security very seriously, we do everything possible for you to shop with confidence.
Any data held about you and your order is held securely and encrypted to ensure that your details cannot be read by any unauthorised third party.
Wordery use a PCI complaint third party payment provider to process credit card payments.
We use the best commercially available security software (SSL), for e-commerce, plus it’s the best solution for secure, online commerce transactions.
Please note: we will never ask you to reveal your credit card pin, password or bank details. If you are ever contacted or receive unsolicited emails asking for this kind of information, which you do not think is genuine, please Contact Us.
Wordery has advanced search features to help you find the exact item you’re looking for.
You can search wordery.com using title, publisher, keywords, ISBNs or any combinations of these. You can also perform a wider search by filtering through our categories.
If you have trouble finding an item, let us help. Contact us with as much information as you can and we‘ll help you locate the item or try and get hold of it (if not currently in stock).
We want to make it as easy as possible for you choose the books you’ll enjoy and what better way than by hearing the views of other book lovers. That’s why we encourage everybody to share reviews on books they’ve read and help others find their next brilliant read.
- So, who can write reviews?
- Everybody. You just need to sign in to your Book Seller account and follow a few simple ‘house rules’ .
- Our top tips
- Tell us ‘why’: Instead of only saying what you did and didn’t like, tell us why you felt that way about the book. Using examples and/or comparisons is a great way to do this.
- Somewhere between a tweet and an essay: The ideal length is 100-200 words but if you have more to say then please do so. However, there is a limit of 1,000 characters.
- Give suggestions: Suggest similar books that we might want to read if we enjoy the book you’re reviewing. We’ll all really appreciate it!
- Be honest: It’s important you give your honest opinion, both good and bad. Criticism is welcome, as long as it isn’t offensive (see our ‘house rules’).
- Full disclosure: If you received a free book in exchange for your review, please clearly disclose that that you received the book free of charge.
Our simple house rules
We love hearing your views and encourage you to write as many reviews as you’d like to but please keep in mind that we reserve the right to remove reviews that include any of the following:
- Objectionable material
- Obscene or distasteful content including sexually explicit comments.
- Profane or spiteful remarks.
- Reviews that are harassing or threatening, or that contain hate speech or bigotry.
- Promotional content:
- Advertisements or promotional material.
- Sentiments by or on behalf of a person, company or website with a financial interest in the product or a directly competing product.
- Reviews written for any form of compensation, other than a free copy of the product. Please disclose this in the review.
- Abuse of the Wordery ratings system, such as rating the same work more than once for the purpose of inflating or deflating the book’s average rating.
- Solicitations for votes.
- Any content forming part of an organised campaign to promote or undermine a product or author.
- Inappropriate content:
- Reviews that are not your own original work.
- Phone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and URLs external to wordery.com.
- Details about availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping methods.
- Remarks directed at other reviewers.
- Remarks about an author that are not related to their published work.
- Off-topic content:
- Feedback about bookshopper.co.uk (positive or negative). We encourage you to send us feedback and you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving feedback at reviews.io.
- Content not specific to the item being reviewed.
- Feedback about typos or inaccuracies in the Wordery catalogue or product description (instead, please contact us at email@example.com ).
Reviews posted on Bookshopper.co.uk are based on individual’s opinions. The opinions expressed in reviews are those of Book Shopper customers and not of Book Shopper. We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers.
If you have any questions about writing or submitting customer reviews, please e-mail us at
Make sure you remember the books you’re considering by saving them to your wishlist. This is easily done by clicking ‘Add to wishlist’, which is found below the ‘Add to basket’ button on each product page.
To view your wishlist, go to ‘Book Shopper’ and click the Wishlist option. Here you can keep track of all the items you saved and the items you’ve bought that you previously saved to your wishlist.
Within the Communications section of Book Shopper, you can enable and disable some handy email tools we have; these are “email me when items in my wishlist drop in price” and “email me when items have been left in my wishlist for 3 months or more” and if you’d prefer not to get these make sure the boxes are left blank.